Manufacturing Apprenticeship Programme
The Ministry of Trade and Industry has selected the MIC-IT to be the premier training provider for its Manufacturing Apprenticeship Programme (MAP).
The MAP is an apprenticeship course designed to provide trainees with the necessary competencies in various occupational areas related to the field of Mechatronics and engineering. Graduates from this programme will demonstrate competence in a wide variety of skills and knowledge related to the Manufacturing and Non-Energy sectors.
Provides industry-ready graduates with the necessary skills for immediate employment
Workman compensation insurance
Training offered in the following occupational areas:
Electrical & Electronics Engineering Technology
Mechanical Engineering Technology
Industrial Maintenance Technology
3 Years Full-Time
1st Year: Full-Time classes at MIC-IT. Trainees will be exposed to all occupational areas.
2nd and 3rd Year: Trainees are to select ONE occupational area to specialise in. Trainees will be placed into an Industrial attachment upon successful completion of year one and are to return to classes at their respective MIC-IT Centre one day per week during the 2nd year and 3rd year or as necessary.
Programme Fee: GATE Funded.
• Must be between the ages of 17-25 years
• Must possess at least three CSEC or GCE passes (1, 2, 3 or A, B, C, respectively) including Mathematics, English, Science (Physics, Integrated Science, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Electrical/Electronic Technology).
* Information Technology or equivalent is an asset.
Full passes in the National Examination Council (NEC) Craftsman Certificate or Pre- Technician Certificate in the relevant area
• Must be a National/Resident of Trinidad and Tobago
• Copy of Electronic Birth Certificate
• Copy of Photo ID
• Passport-size photo
• NIS number (if available)
Certification upon completion:
- Journeyman Diploma awarded at Level 6 CQF (CARICOM Qualifications Framework)
- German Chamber of Crafts and Trades
- MIC Institute of Technology
- Foreign certification is validated via official sealed transcripts
Locations / Class Time:
Macoya Technology Centre: 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Pleasantville Technology Centre: 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Macoya Technology Centre: 868-663-4642 ext. 3126
Pleasantville Technology Centre: 868-663-4642 ext. 4026