A minimum of 2 CXC/ CSEC passes (including Mathematics and English) Journeyman’s Certificate, or evidence of completing a recognized 3 year apprenticeship programme
At least 2 years’ experience in an industrial environment
The Maintenance Electrician ensures that all electrical systems and controls are properly maintained at maximum efficiency and maximum availability under the guidance of the Plant Electrician.
· Assist Plant Electrician with electrical installations
· Perform routine checks on all utility equipment and report any issues requiring corrective action to the Plant Electrician.
· Conduct preventative maintenance, including walk-around inspections on all electrical systems, and documenting same for the attention of their immediate supervisor
· Assist in Line changeovers and set up
· Troubleshoot and correct minor electrical malfunctions / problems without supervision
· Ensure that the workshop and other areas are clean and organized at all times.
· Carry out all work in accordance with the company’s safety rules and regulations and safe working practices
· Any other related duties