Detail any specific job related experience and/or specialist knowledge/training that is required to enable the job holder to perform this job satisfactorily. · 3-5 years’ experience in a computerized accounting environment at least one (1) of which should be at a supervisory level. · Experience should include the preparation of final accounts and statements, experience preparing consolidated accounts would be considered an asset. Experience in Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and Sage 50 (formerly Peachtree) would be considered and asset.
The Finance Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that: All accounting transactions are properly completed and recorded in the books and records of Domhad Properties Limited and its subsidiary companies; and All financial, managerial and statutory reports and returns are prepared in an accurate and timely manner to comply with all laws and regulations, adhere to financial covenants and to assist the company in meeting its goals and objectives.
Transactional Accounting Duties
1. Ensure all invoices are generated and dispatched accurately and timely in accordance with lease agreements in force.
2. Ensure all payments are made as agreed, payments are properly authorized and documentation is adequate and proper and entered correctly in GP.
3. Review edit list (all data entered by the accounting assistance of accuracy).
4. Review bank statements weekly and ensure all deposits and other direct debits/credits to the bank account are posted to the relevant company accounts on MDGP as appropriate.
5. Prepare monthly journals with supports for Domhad Properties Limited and ensure it is entered accurately of the accounts in preparation for reporting.
6. Verify loan balances monthly and ensure that this is properly reflected on MDGP as relevant.
7. Prepare Intercompany reconciliation monthly.
8. Maintain a proper schedule of insurances for Domhad Properties Limited and ensure that insurances are expensed monthly and coded accurately to the relevant accounts on MDGP.
9. Liaise with Property Administration Officer or General Manager to ensure that all insurance renewals for the Domhad Group of Companies are done in a timely manner.
Financial & Management & Reporting Duties
1. Prepare weekly projected cash flow balances for the Domhad Group of Companies for the Group Finance Director and Group Finance Manager by 2pm every Tuesday.
2. Prepare monthly report on Budget vs. Actual Cash flows for Domhad Properties limited by the 3rd working day of the following month.
3. Prepare detailed monthly management accounts Domhad inclusive of an executive summary by the 4th working day of the month and pass to the Group Finance manager for review by the 5th working day.
4. Prepare summary monthly consolidated financial statements for the Domhad Group by the 7th working day of each month.
5. Prepare summary financial statements on an individual and consolidated basis for quarterly reporting to relevant financial institutions in accordance with agreed covenants.
6. Prepare quarterly performance reports for the Domhad Group.
7. Prepare annual individual and consolidated profit and loss budgets and cash flow statements for the Domhad Group.
8. Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliations on the 1st working day after month end.
9. Prepare Audit Schedules quarterly including GL to Sub ledger reconciliations (AP, AR, Bank). Include accruals, prepayments, loan amortization and fixed asset depreciation schedules in monthly management accounts file.
Financial Accounting & Reporting
1. Prepare the accounts of the Domhad Group of Companies for auditing; liaise with the auditors in a professional and approachable manner for the verification of account balances and apply any required changes as advises.
2. Liaise with the HR Manager / Company Secretary to ensure that he/she has all the documentation required for the timely processing of the annual returns for the DH Group of Companies.
3. Prepare all statutory payments and return for Domhad Properties Limited in a timely manner, as follows:
a. Business Levy, Green Fund Levy, Corporation Tax (Quarterly)
b. NIS, HS, PAYE (Fortnightly)
c. VAT (Bi-Monthly)
4. Ensure the preparation of all statutory payment and return for Domhad’s Subsidiaries in a timely manner:
a. Business Levy, Green Fund, Corporation Tax (Quarterly)
b. Vat (Bi-Monthly)
5. Ensure all deposit slips, bank statements, cleared cheques received from the bank and cheques payment vouchers for Domhad and relevant subsidiary companies are properly filed on a timely basis.
6. Ensure all physical and electronic filling is up to date. This includes ensuring all files are saved on the shared directory (Domhad Properties – Finance Folder).
7. Any other financial and accounting duties, as required by the Group Finance Director or Group Finance Manager.