Production Engineer (Converting)
~ 3 years experience
Professional Qualifications Required
A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or any other related discipline from a recognized institution.
Technical / Vocational Skills Required
1)Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act Chapter 88-108, (2004 amended 2006) of Trinidad and Tobago and the Environmental Management Act of Trinidad and Tobago (2000).
2) Experience with a Business Planning & Control System (BPCS) and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) will be an asset.
3) Experience with design and implementation of process optimization projects.
To optimize Converting operations ensuring proper resources utilization, to improve quality, maximize productivity and reduce operational expenses. The incumbent will use Lean Six Sigma principles to ensure standardization and facilitate competency building among shop floor employees. He/she will also be responsible for implementing, auditing and continually improving the performance management systems for Converting Operations.
Job Details / Responsibilities
- Develop, modify or update standard operating procedures for all relevant operational tasks and ensure that the training and evaluation for these procedures are executed in a timely and professional manner.
- Manage manufacturing shop orders to ensure the proper assignment of variable costs within Converting operations.
- Audit Production Warehouses to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Implement performance management systems for Operators, Supervisors and Senior Team Members to ensure organizational goal alignment.
- Audit performance management systems for effectiveness and devise proposals to improve the overall efficacy of these systems.
- Implement leadership development initiatives (coaching, open communication, empowerment, enablement, talent recognition etc.) for Converting Production Department.
- Audit leadership development initiatives and develop proposals to improve the impact in the short and long term.
- Play an active role in the development, refining and execution of VCP projects for Converting Production.
- Monitor and track the performance of VCP initiatives and take the necessary corrective actions to ensure compliance to budget VCP plan.
- Report and analyse on employees’ attendance using the Company’s Time and Attendance System.
- Design and/or manage the execution of process improvement projects.
- Complete all relevant JSA and SOP documents for Production jobs.
- Identify bottlenecks in the production process and manage projects for their elimination.
- Engage shop-floor staff to design and implement appropriate performance management systems which improve productivity, reduce overall manufacturing cost, enhance quality and improve the general work environment and well-being of employees.
- Complete routine data layering exercises to develop key performance indicators (KPIs) which should be managed at each level within Production.
- Track and monitor KPIs for all Converting operations and ensure that these KPIs are adding value to the organization.
- Adhere to (and actively promote among all Operations employees) and ensure compliance with the Company’s Health and Safety Policies.
- Execute all relevant responsibilities as outlined in the Roles, Responsibilities and Authorities Matrix (MT-GM-004) to ensure compliance with the Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned.