• 3 CXC passes inclusive of Mathematics and English A.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills. • Must be able to work as part of a team. • Forklift Certified.
The Packer is primarily responsible for the efficient packing of completed units into designated packaging required for sale to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist Filling staff with all aspects of filling as required.
2. Conduct quality checks in accordance to stipulated quality standards.
3. Responsible for the immediate reporting of incidents, accidents, spills or near misses to the Production Supervisor.
4. Immediate reporting of deviations or non-conformances to the Production Supervisor
5. Place each completed unit into cartons.
6. Ensure carton contains the required number of units (varies by products).
7. For non-display cartons, fold longer flaps ensuring that they meet.
8. Ensure carton is properly sealed using boxing machine.
9. Place each filled carton unto pallet.
10. Place cartons according to approved packing quantity per pallet.
11. Manually shrink warp completed pallets as required.
12. Place pre-numbered labels on pallets.
13. Using trolley jack, manually remove completed pallet from filling area as required.
14. Must be able to conduct simple quality checks.
15. Must be able to compile unused packaging to be returned to Inventory.
16. Maintenance and housekeeping of filling line and surroundings areas.
17. Upon completion of the Orientation must be familiar with HSE requirements and Job-related procedures and work instructions.
18. Adhere to all the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental, Policies and Procedures.
19. Carry out all instructions given by the Supervisor or his designate in a safe and efficient manner.
20. Observe and adhere to all rules and regulations of the Company.
21. Any other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor or designate.