1. Diploma / Degree in Construction / Construction Management / Building Construction 2. Certificate in Project Management and Health and Safety
1. Specialised knowledge and skills in the management of construction projects 2. Ability to work in a dynamic work changing environment 3. Ability to resolve and solve challenges 4. Effective negotiating and communication skills 5. Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite 6. Good oral and written communication skills.
Contract (18 Months) Responsible for supervising and directing construction effort on a Building Project. Must have a clear understanding of project scope, construction methods and implementation with extensive proven knowledge as it relates to Building Construction, Finishes, MEP services and High-End Internal Outfitting Works. Ensuring that all construction team disciplines inclusive of labour, sub-contractors and support staff activities and performance conform with the project drawings and specifications and all sequenced works are within schedule.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure HSE Implementation, Safety Plans and Procedures.
2. Ensuring all daily records and reports are maintained.
3. Determine weekly manpower & equipment requirements ensuring timely procurement of same.
4. Advance preparation and planning material components and ensuring timely procurement.
5. Prepare construction schedules and rollout weekly lookahead schedules.
6. Conduct coordination meetings with all sub-contractors.
7. Ensure all works are in compliance with drawings and specifications.
8. Concise communication orally or in writing with design consultants.
9. Supervise and direct all subordinate staff
10. Notify Internal Project Management of possible changes, variations, claims or risks to contract scope.
11. Liaise with 3rd parties for inspections, joint measurements, or approvals.
1. Purchase requisitions for work in progress approved and submitted to procurement department on time.
2. Timely arrival of materials on sites for use by direct labour and sub-contractors.
3. Specific daily task assignment to sub-contracted employees on a daily basis.
4. Quality control checks carried out on projects according to drawings and specification