Lot 18 C&D, OMeara Ind. Estate, Yorke Avenue,
INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Construction and Building Materials
~ 5 years experience
Professional Qualifications Required
• MIC journey man course or Electrical Engineering graduates with instrumentation and automation specialization is preferred
• At least 5 years' experience in a similar position
• Must be able to understand and deliver basic commands in English.
• Must be able to use and maintain all basic tools and measuring equipment pertinent to a maintenance position
Technical / Vocational Skills Required
• Reads and interprets hydraulic, schematic, basic electric, electronic and OHM laws.
• Performs jobs with knowledge of AC & DC drives.
• Provides routine maintenance on hydraulic systems such as Oil Gear, Rex Roth, Racine, Vickers, etc.
• Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and aluminum extrusion production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
Job Details / Responsibilities
- Performs electrical troubleshooting and interprets electrical diagrams and symbols.
- Reads and interprets PLC programs. Trouble shoots problems in PLC hardware and software, circuit boards, and components
- Identifies stored energy and performs all Lockout/Tag-out procedures according to company policy.
- To be able to diagnose malfunctioning in electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic Equipment and products to locate and correct problems.
· To be proficient in installing, testing, and maintaining electrical equipment, like Motors, Compressors, Heaters, Drives. including appliances and electrical circuits, burners and burner control, relay controls , pump controls and drives.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines. Repairs electrical equipment.
- Recommends necessary training to upgrade skills level to Maintenance Manager.
- Participates and is fully engaged in continuous reliability improvement of all equipment and processes