Coosal's Construction Company Limited
1 Coosals Boulevard, P.O. Box 9235, Cunupia
Construction and Building Materials
Professional Qualifications Required
Five O’ levels or the equivalent including Mathematics, English
Technical / Vocational Skills Required
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Peachtree Accounting Software.
• Strong communication skills (written and Oral) required.
The Sales Clerk is responsible for recording sales transactions using a computerized Point of Sale (POS) system. They serve customers by providing information, responding to requests, resolving problems, and accepting payments for customers ‘transactions at the Block, Concrete and Quarry Plants.
Job Details / Responsibilities
- Operation of the Point of Sale (POS) computer system for handling customer transactions in a courteous manner following all company policies and procedures pertaining to each type of transaction.
- Provision of quotations for walk in and call in customers.
- Generate quotations, sales orders, invoices, receipts and delivery notes.
- Preparation of credit notes to be actioned by the Finance Department.
- Placement of customers’ and internal orders to dispatch and following up on delivery of products.
- Closing off and filing of orders after delivery notes & orders are received from Block, Concrete, Quarry and Asphalt Plants for cash and charge customers.
- Reconciliation of daily sales sheets to cash collected before submission to the Finance Department.
- Managing customers’ accounts within the limit of the credit facilities offered to them in accordance with Group Policy.
- Collection of revenues and making adjustments to customers’ accounts where necessary.
- Reconcile debtors account and ensure that due dates are adhered to by liaising periodically with the customers and sales reps.
- Market the Group’s product lines as well as the services offered.
- Generate sales reports and other reports that may be deemed necessary on a daily and weekly basis.
- Handling of customers’ queries or complaints with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism.
- Continually improving knowledge (of all the Group’s products, services, pricing and promotions).
- Any other related responsibilities assigned by the Sales Supervisor and Credit Controller.
- Preparation of Daily Truck Variance Report.
- Ensure that all trucks moving material from the quarry has been measured so that the measured capacity can be captured on the relevant documents.