Food and Beverage
~ 5 years experience
Professional Qualifications Required
Advanced Diploma or appropriate formal training in a related discipline.
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.
Preferably at least 5 years experience in the food or related industry.
Computer literate with ability to work with MS office suite.
Highly organized with a strong focus on time management.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Working knowledge of ISO 22000 & ISO 18000 as it would apply to the food industry would be an asset.
Technical / Vocational Skills Required
to understand technical documents, manuals, and blueprints to ensure that products meet the correct standards
• Detail oriented – to spot issues and monitor products or parts that do not meet compliance
To coordinate the execution of and monitor the application of Quality Assurance for the establishment and maintenance of effective product standards and specifications.
Job Details / Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Management to develop and implement food safety management procedures and systems.
- To ensure that all systems are in place for the manufacturing of safe and acceptable products.
- Work with Management on the Quality Manuals regarding policy and procedure updates.
- Work with Management to identify and address any areas that may need improvement.
- Work with Management to review the current policies and improvise plans to improve upon the existing quality standards.
- Responsible for the coordination of all activities in the Quality Department and completing the relevant reports such as Housekeeping (laundry), Janitorial, Pest Control etc.
- Coordinate the research and development of new products as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with government and international requirements.
- Work with Management to develop and conduct training programs for staff to ensure compliance with both domestic and international standards for food manufacture.
- Monitor the application of GMP’s hygiene, cleaning and sanitation procedures and systems to ensure compliance with established standards.
- Co-ordinate microbial testing in accordance with established company practices, including coordination of external service providers as required.
- Prepare non-conformance and wastage reports for each shift in accordance with approved procedures on a weekly and daily basis.
- Prepare, maintain and issue quality system documentation to the relevant departments and ensure that documentation and record keeping systems of the Quality Manual are established and effective.
- Carry out inspections, tests and related programs in accordance with established schedules and procedures for raw materials; packaging material, in-process product and finished goods as may be required and initiate approved corrective action as may be necessary.
- Investigate all customer complaints related to product quality and safety, recommend corrective actions and conduct related employee awareness training sessions.
- Maintain all laboratory equipment reagents and stock solutions in accordance with approved procedures.
- Carry out inspections of company warehouses and facilities in accordance with approved schedules in conjunction with external service providers if necessary.
- Conduct field audits on damaged and returned products as necessary.
- Work with Management to ensure conformity with all auditing bodies.