Accounts and Administration Officer
Port of Spain
Environmental and Related Industries
~ 5 years experience
Professional Qualifications Required
- ACCA level 2 and up is a must
- Sage accounting certification (Peachtree), or 3+ years of experience using this accounting system.
- Demonstrated progressive track record of 5+ years of experience
- Thorough understanding & exposure to costing structures & pricing criteria would be an asset.
- Office Management experience is desirable
Technical / Vocational Skills Required
- Pro-active, energetic and self-motivated.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Ability to work in a constantly changing and challenging environment.
- Flexible and dependable.
The Accounts And Administration Officer is responsible for the day-to-day operations within accounts receivable and payable functions. Responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports, costings, and reconciling bank statements, process business transactions, disbursements, expense vouchers, and receipts using the company’s accounting software program.
Job Details / Responsibilities
- Proper maintenance and reconciliation of the Petty Cash system (foreign and local)
- Assistance with the preparation of periodic financial statements, budgets, cash flow, payroll, and relevant general ledger account reconciliations.
- Monitoring of all project budgets on a monthly basis.
- Assistance in the development of relevant policies and procedures, financial audits, and statutory reporting requirements.
- Compliance with accounting standards and maintainance of structures that meet both statutory and management reporting requirements and comply with audit practices.
- Assist with the day to day operations and overall administrative activities.
- Supervise admin staff.
- Process foreign payments and transactions.
- Oversee the logistics of minor projects and assist the projects division as needed
- Execute procurement functions when required