Level 2 ACCA qualification or above A minimum of 3 years experience at supervisory level Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills . Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Knowledge of payroll functions and procedures Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial and payroll information. Ability to work in a fast pace, dynamic environment Ability to communicate effectively, demonstrate teamwork and provide leadership, highly confidential . Excellent analytical and math skills
Excellent Analytical skills Ability to work without supervision while meeting tight deadlines . Ability to increase productivity by maximizing use of resources . Comprehensive knowledge of Peachtree Accounting software will be an asset .
The Accounts Supervisor is responsible for the preparation of accurate financial statements monthly to allow for proper strategic analysis and performance assessment of the company . Ensuring financial and operating procedures are in compliance with statutory requirements and financial reporting standards .
* Maintenance of fixed assets register
* maintenance and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts
* Bank reconciliation
* Review and approval of all statutory preparations
* Reveiw and verify deposits
* Preparation and reconciliation of annual payroll submissions , e.g TD4 slips
* To ensure the department is current and up to date and reports are submited on a timely basis
* Preparation of annual budgets and identifying corrective actions for variences
* maintains cash flow by monitoring bank balances and providing Management with Daily bank Balances and cash requirements
* Approves cash / cheque disbursements by verifying cheque amounts against invoices, authorizing cheques , and wire transfers and bank letters for payment .
* Costing of shipments
* Approval of credit notes
* Responsible for timely yearly audits
* Compliance of all requirements by the Registra of Companies , e. g Annual Returns , etc
* Perform other related duties as required