* ACCA Level 1 or completion of the CAT program or equivalent * Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role,preferably in the manufacturing environment but not limited * Proficient in Peachtree Accounting and Microsoft Office -Word, Excel,and Outlook
* Good Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. * Excellent Analytical Skills
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for performing a variety of accounts payable activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to control the organization's financial resources and ensure that it complies with all relevant regulations, law,and reporting requirements.
.* Receives and verifies all invoices, against purchase orders and requisitions of goods and services .
* Prepare purchase orders for purchases after ensuring that all purchasing guidelines are adhered to .
* Preparation of payments including cheques, wire transfers and bank letters
* Batch and post vendors' invoices daily
* Preparation and reconciliation of pety cash
* Producing weekly/ monthly financial and management reports as required
* Review and reconcile suppliers' as required .
* Timely preparation of the weekly payroll ensuring that all wages and statutory deductions are correctly computed.
* Prepare and compute all payroll statutory payments at least two (2) weeks before due date .
* Preparation of VAT, Business & Green Fund two (2) weeks before due date
* Assist with other accounting functions as required .