Forklift Maintenance Technician
Distribution Wholesale and Retail
~ 3 years experience
Professional Qualifications Required
High School Diploma/ GED
Operate a Motor Vehicle
Technical / Vocational Skills Required
The Forklift and Facilities Maintenance Technician will make minor to major repairs, as well as, perform planned maintenance on electric, LPG and Diesel forklifts.
Job Details / Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and repair systems on forklifts
- Interpret manufacturer's technical manuals to perform the necessary maintenance and repairs needed.
- Competent to complete legible service documents and logs for preventative maintenance tasks.
- Remove and replace electric motors
- Adjust bearings and replaces brushes
- Overhaul, repair, and adjust differential and hydraulic assemblies
- Lubricate and perform preventive maintenance on forklift equipment
- Perform assigned day-to-day facility repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance.
- Complete maintenance and repair records as required.
- Review assigned work orders. Estimate time and materials needed to complete repair.
- Order necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned