● Most AC technicians work a standard 40-hour work week. ● They are also required to work for long periods of time at heights and sometimes hazardous spaces. ● AC technicians are regularly exposed to high-voltage circuits when installing AC systems so there is the hazard of electric shock. ● Flexibility to work overtime, on-call and weekends required. ● Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
● 3 CXC Subjects inclusive of Maths and English Language. ● Professional Certification for RAC Sector. ● TTNVQ/CVQ Certification Level 4 or equivalent ● 5 Plus Years Work Experience in the Field.
Roles and responsibilities are carried out in a timely manner and the standard of work meets or exceeds the requirements of the customer and the company. Trouble shoot, Service and install commercial and resident Air Conditioning Equipment.
Role and Responsibilities
Supervises and works together with Lower Level Technicians in the installation, inspection, maintenance and troubleshooting of industrial Air Conditioning equipment such as chillers, light commercial units to include package, DX and Split units, residential units which include mini splits, multi splits and window units.
Leadership and Mentoring
Provides leadership and mentors junior personnel to develop appropriate skillsets.
• Supervises inspections on Air Conditioning systems and components (e.g. Building exhaust fans, Ventilation fans, etc.) to evaluate condition, identify necessary repairs and recommend preventative maintenance.
• Carry out the installation of Air Conditioning equipment and systems to provide enhanced and or upgraded capabilities.
• Carry out repairs on Air Conditioning systems and or components (e.g. pumps, motors, air handlers, fan coils, piping, etc.)
• Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in Air Conditioning systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and/or replacement needs.
• Prepare written reports (work order status, activity logs, etc.) for documenting activities and/or conveying information.
• Responds to emergency situations during or after hours to resolve any concerns.
• Ensures personnel complete all tasks in accordance with the local Environmental, Safety and Health directives.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Technicians may be required to:
Complete pre-employment drug test and background check process.
Be periodically ‘on call’ for service coverage.
Travel to and from job sites.