IT Support Officer/Technician
Distribution Wholesale and Retail
~ 3 years experience
Professional Qualifications Required
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing at a technical level, including experience in the maintenance, support and enhancement of hardware and software applications.
Certification in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems Management, Computer Engineering or a related field.
Certification in Computer Repairs and Networking considered to be an asset.
MUST BE FAMILIAR WITH SAGE 50 SOFTWARE.
Technical / Vocational Skills Required
Strong Time Management
Able to plan and complete tasks with minimal supervision
Excellent problem identification and problem solving skills
Willing to listen and follow instructions
Willing to learn and grow
Ability to multitask
Strong communications skills
High degree of professional integrity
The Information Technology Technician is required to assist in the implementation, maintenance, repair and backup of computer and communications systems, hardware and software.
He/She is responsible for providing end user support. He/She will troubleshoot and diagnose hardware and software problems and implements the necessary solutions. He/She is responsible for maintaining and administering the Company’s computer hardware, software and related devices and provides general support.
Job Details / Responsibilities
- Troubleshoots user hardware and software problems and effectively resolves such problems on a timely basis. (includes Windows Operating Software, Microsoft Office software and Sage Accounting Software)
- Provides support to end users to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve network, hardware or software related problems and related equipment (inclusive of copiers, printers and security equipment).
- Server Hardware & Operating System software installation, configuration and maintenance.
- Maintains User and Group Security assignments in accordance with authorised requests.
- Sets up equipment for employee use, including but not limited to, performing and/or ensuring proper functioning of computer hardware, cables, PBX telephones, operating systems, related equipment (inclusive of copiers and printers) and related software.
- Directs unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Assists with the maintenance of email applications and virus protection software.
- Maintains Computer Inventory database.
- Performs backup procedures as required.
- Installs and upgrades software on Network Servers and User Computers.
- Assists with planning, coordinating and consulting with external vendors for hardware/software support, purchases, upgrades and product services.
- Assists with the implementation of IT projects.
- Assists with user security audit reviews and controls.
- Completes and submits IT checklists according to set guidelines and schedules.
- Performs End of Month procedures for the Company’s computerized management software.
- List hands on technical competence areas.
- List hands on significant past technical projects.