Dockside Food Company/Captain's Choice Ltd
Lot 23E O'Meara Industrial Estate, Arima
Merchandiser- Central /South Area
Food and Beverage
~ 1 years experience
Professional Qualifications Required
• A minimum of three (3) GCE/ CXC O’ Levels
• At least one (1) year experience in a similar
• Ability to work Flexible hours
• Ability to work in a fast pace, dynamic
Technical / Vocational Skills Required
• Excellent oral and communication skills
• Team Player
• Creative and active
• Detailed and action oriented
• Numerical ability
• Strong planning & organizational skills.
• Drive for results
• Customer Focus
The Merchandiser is responsible for ensuring that products marketed by the company and its principals maintain optimum visibility wherever they are promoted or sold, are correctly priced, displayed and are in good condition, with the overall aim of maximizing sales.
Job Details / Responsibilities
- Design merchandising displays/ planograms for supermarkets (trade partners) freezers and commercial display fridges.
- Maintain and grow product visibility/product space in-store.
- Ensure that pricing information are updated and relevant to current promotional activities.
- Implement the merchandising arrangement plan through plan-o-grams and accessorizing the store via placement of POP Materials to maximize product appeal.
- Communicate close expiry products, date and stock to Sales Representative before three (3) months of expiry date.
- Communicate slow moving products at stores to Sales Representatives so that they can implement a plan to deplete.
- Remove products which are damaged, freezer burn or which are at or beyond the stipulated expiry cut off from shelves in a prompt manner. To be done in discussion with Sales Representative.
- Ensure proper stock rotation when drawing stocks from the freezer stores storerooms. Ensure that freezer stocks are also rotated applying the First-In First-Out Food Storage Method to maintain the freshness of the product.
- Develops trade relationships with customers, freezer lane supervisors, lane attendants and stores personnel.
- Notes stock-outs and advises Sales Representatives; or receives orders on their behalf.
- Participate in trade partners merchandising planning on store renovations and new location ventures in collaboration with Sales Representative.
- Report competitive activities as it relates to pricing, promotion, packaging, product specials etc
- Assist in the implementation of trade marketing campaigns as it relates to in-store promotions.
- Report trade activities by submission of weekly merchandising reports.
- Ensure that your merchandising kit is fully equipped with merchandising materials.
- Assist in the collection of Sales Orders and Sales