Sales and Exports Assistant
Distribution Wholesale and Retail
~ 2 years experience
Professional Qualifications Required
Five (5) CXC O' Level Passes
At least two (2) years’ experience in customer service environment
Technical / Vocational Skills Required
Customer service driven.
Excellent communication skills, friendly and courteous.
Can operate with little supervision.
Self motivated, Results oriented, Team Player.
Knowledge of Export processes preferred.
Some foreign travel may be required
Comfortable with working in factory and warehouse environments.
Provides general Sales, Administrative and Export processing support to the Sales Managers and relevant Authority in ensuring appropriate customer service for both local and export customers and prospects.
Job Details / Responsibilities
- PROVIDES ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES:
- Provides Secretarial type support: incoming and outgoing telephone calls; typing, filing, scheduling of meetings and travel itinerary, confirming attendance and ensuring attendee is well prepared with necessary documents.
- Review documents submitted to Supervisor and take any action within their scope of authority. Scrutinize documents issued by seniors to ensure they meet acceptable standards.
- Ensures that information / documentation exchanged is properly secured by means of an appropriate and confidential records management system.
- Organize Sales meetings in close liaison with Sales Manager, advise Sales staff at least 48 hours before the meeting date, take minutes and assist with follow-up activities.
- Create invoices for deliveries as decided by Supervisor.
- Assists with planning, managing, directing special projects and events.
- Issues approved Quotations and Performa Invoices to customers and follow up for approval.
- Investigates customers' queries and bring to amicable and timely resolution.
- Assist with the cross-training of new staff.
- Rigidly follows all company’s Policies and Procedures, including safety and HR.
- Perform other duties as required by any duly authorized personnel.
Page 1of 2
- EXPORTS AND RELATED SERVICES:
- Book containers, Haulers etc for export orders.
- Prepare appropriate Port, Shipping and Customs documentation to Brokers' as needed.
- Supervises sealing of containers if needed.
- Arranges Insurance cover and appropriate approvals from Exim Bank and or R&C Accounts Department.
- Work in close liaison with Warehouse, Factory Manager and Brokers for timely departure of containers.
- Follow up on receipt of documentation and container by Customer.
- Prepare and submit shipping related documentation to AP Clerk for timely payment.