• Certificate in auto mechanic from a recognized institution. • Certificate in heavy machinery mechanic from a recognized institution. • Certificate in auto electrical would be an asset
Completes mechanical maintenance works inclusive of inspection, diagnosis, repairs and rebuilding on all the company’s mobile equipment. Executes highly skilled and complex mechanical repairs on cranes, excavators, bulldozers, backhoe, bobcat, rollers, wheel loaders, concrete pumps, concrete mixers, dumper trucks, light vehicles etc in a supervised and or independent environment.
· Inspects, recommends, repairs and or replaces worn/ defective parts.
· Overhauls and tests major components such as: engines, drives, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
· Diagnoses and identifies malfunctions on equipment using a computerized program and or testing
· Reads and understands operating and or repair manuals, schematic and drawings.
· Conduct minor electrical troubleshooting and repairs.
· Completes work with a work order/ job card system, and ensures all work is accurately documented
at the end of the day.
· Works with a Requisition system to be able to retrieve and account for all parts used.