TRAINING & EXPERIENCE • BSc in Natural Sciences or Engineering or equivalent would be considered an asset. • At least 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with a minimum of two (2) years experience in Quality Control at a Supervisory level. • Computer literate.
COMPETENCIES • A sound understanding of Sampling plans, the use of Measurement and monitoring devices. Good manufacturing practices and Quality management systems. • A sound understanding of the operation of all Cold End equipment • A sound understanding of the technical requirements for the production of glass container packaging. • Able to communicate effectively with peers, Supervisory and Management personnel • Able to evaluate statistical data and produce reports on trends
Position Summary This is a Shift position with requires the incumbent to maintain control of all production and quality functions in finished goods section (Cold End) production process so that the finished product released to the Warehouse from all production lines fully complies with the customers’ requirements for Manufacturing, Quality and Health & Safety Shift layout: 2 days daylight (6am-6pm) followed by 2 days night (6pm-6am) followed by 4 days off
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Administers the quality, packaging, labeling and transport of product in the cold end in collaboration with the Shift Superintendent.
2. Request, receive, allocate and ensure economical use of production materials, supplies and equipment at the cold end.
3. Ensures that all Cold End equipment/machinery is operating in accordance with the standard operating procedures to achieve the required quality, pack and presentation of the finished product.
4. Verifies that all adjustments to Cold End equipment/machinery are carried out in accordance with the established operating procedures and parameters and immediately report problems to the relevant department for correction.
5. Verifies the results of re-testing for the authorization of the release or quarantine of finished product in accordance with established procedures.
6. Identify and report trends in product characteristics in order to address any deficiencies that affect the control of product quality.
7. Maintain the production database on AX, by accurately entering the production packed ware data before the end of each shift.
8. Ensure that all work and documentation required is performed/ completed in accordance with established procedure and instructions.
9. Ensures that only product meeting all of the requirements are released from Production.
10. Ensure that all work areas at the cold end are maintained to the required standard of housekeeping.
11. Perform re-conciliation checks on all packaging material and finished product inclusive of quarantined ware and correct all non-conformances before end of each shift.
12. Plan for and participate in training and development activities for subordinates.
13. Conduct the annual performance appraisal of subordinates and undertake appropriate follow-up action in an effort to develop the capabilities of employees and maximize the efficiency of the Department.
14. Handle all first stage Industrial Relation matters of subordinates in accordance with the existing Collective Agreement.
15. Ensure that subordinates adhere to the Company’s /Department’s safety policies and procedures as per ISO 9001 standards and CGL Quality Manual.
16. Perform any other related duties as may be required by the job function.
17. Comply with the Company’s/ Department’s procedures and policies belonging to the Quality Management System and the Health, Safety & Environmental Management System.
Fulfill the legal duties of the Occupational Safety & Health Act 2004 as an employee