• Five (5) CXC passes including Mathematics and English. • Technician’s Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. • 1-3 years’ experience in mechanical operations. • Forklift Certification/Training an asset. • Driver’s License.
We are looking for a shift flexible process technician who will ensure machines are running at optimum efficiency.
· Prior to startup of machines, a full assessment must be done according to procedure, as well as a maintenance check to ensure no damages and to identify possible corrective measures and replacement of defective or worn parts.
· Responsible for startup and shut down of processing equipment.
· Set up and operate production equipment in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.
· Assist in the scheduled Preventative Maintenance Plans.
· Test products or subassemblies daily for functionality or quality
· Install new equipment
· Collect raw material/WIP/ goods in correctly labeled barrels, Gaylord’s, and bags and transfer them to designated areas.
· Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity
· Prepare and assemble molds, or parts
· Perform mechanical assembly and fabrication
· Design tooling and fixtures for manufacturing by collaborating with team
· Assist in creating, modifying and revising work instructions and process flow
· Assist in developing, building or testing prototypes or new products, processes, or procedures.
· Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications.
· Build product/machine subassemblies or final assemblies. (e.g. Deflasher system, leak testers)
· Ensure all raw materials are on hand prior to startup of the machine, in conjunction with the supervisor.
· Guarantee all mold changes are done in the stated time.
· Complete all technical forms (machine set up, processing and mold change).
· Measure and record data associated with operating equipment. (oil level checks, chiller temp)
· Minimize wastage, ensure all wastage pertinent to processing is accounted for.
· Troubleshoot problems with equipment, devices or products when necessary
· Ensure accurate inventory and proper maintenance of all tools in your assigned toolbox.
· Identify any missing or damaged tools from assigned toolbox, follow proper purchasing procedures to document and appropriately charge to repair or replace missing/damaged tools.
· Responsible for weekly stock counts and maintenance of auxiliary parts inventory, when required
· A technician must be on site with the machines while other technicians are on their half hour (30mins) lunch.
· At the end of each shift Technicians must ensure proper handover - All issues related to the machines and auxiliary equipment must be communicated; inform whether occurrence of any incident/accident
· Effective communication with Managers, Head Technician and Lab personnel.
· Provide advice or training to other technicians
· Required to wrap pallets when necessary
· Ensure proper housekeeping of all machines - Cleaning of the plastic must be immediately done when shut down.
· Must change the regrind according to procedure.
· Comply with all HSE regulations as well as all HR policies and procedures of the organization
· All other duties as assigned by Management