Formal Education: Secondary School; • 5 CXC/CSEC O Levels inclusive of Math and English • Professional Certification in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration from a recognized institution or equivalent combination of experience and training • Valid driver’s license • Certificate in Microsoft Office -Word, Excel, Outlook • Minimum 5 years’ experience working in the AC Industry, leading a team
• Possess all tools required under the Trainee Tools Schedule; Detail oriented and possess the ability to complete assignments in a timely manner; Operate a variety of specialty HVAC maintenance equipment and tools in a safe and effective manner; Expert knowledge of components and controls as it pertains to large air conditioning systems; Interpret, explain and enforce department policies and procedures; Work independently in the absence of supervision; Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work; Maintain mental capacity which allows for effective interaction and communication with others; Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities; Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception to the degree necessary for the successful performance of assigned duties
• OBJECTIVES AND GENERAL OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION: SUMMARY OF JOB: The HVAC Technician performs skilled, complex work in the repair, maintenance and installation of ventilating and air conditioning equipment and systems. POSITION STATUS: Contract
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB:
· 1 (Daily) - Effectively troubleshoot systems up to 500 tons with 0% call
· 2 (Weekly/Monhtly) - Make recommendations to the improvement of service operations that can positively impact service delivery
· 3 (Daily) - Proactively arrange tools parts and equipment for task as required. Relative for proposals or execution
· 4 (Daily) - Execute effective communication with fellow technicians and administration for the continuity of customer service.
· 5 (Weekly) - Ensure company assets are maintained and that administration is advised of any defects
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB:
BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB:
Adopts a whole systems perspective, assessing and balancing vast amounts of diverse information, identifies multiple relationships and disconnects processes in order to identify options and reach conclusions.
Continuously develops ideas for positioning the organization for long-term success by appropriately trading off short-term costs/disadvantages for long-term revenues/gains.
Makes judgment-based recommendations that have wide-ranging impacts on the Company’s portfolio.
Uses varied communication vehicles and opportunities to promote dialogue and develop shared understanding and consensus.
Change Leadership - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace.
Emphasizes the broader, longer term vision and values of the organization as a means of guiding decisions and actions.
Planning & Organizing
Ensures that programs are monitored to track progress and optimal resource utilization, and that adjustments are made as needed.
Creates an environment where there is a consistent push for improved performance and productivity.
Coaching - Works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Facilitates their skill development by providing clear, behaviourally specific performance feedback, and making or eliciting specific suggestions for improvement in a manner that builds confidence and maintains self-esteem.
Critical Thinking - The ability to break a situation down into smaller pieces to identify its key or underlying issues.