1. Experience in the Food industry will be considered an asset 2. Bachelor’s degree in Food or Natural Science or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent. 3. Strong analytical and leadership skills. 4. Extensive knowledge of food handling procedures with regard to public health standards/regulations
> Knowledge of the principles and processes for techniques, quality standards, evaluation techniques. > Knowledge of policies and practices in ISO GMP and HACCP. > Working knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word, or related programs
Position Summary: The Lab Technician is responsible for ensuring product safety and quality by a process of conducting tests on products and services. Technicians are expected to make improvements incessantly to improve legal compliance in the production process. Lab Technicians play an integral role in ensuring the achievement of company targets . Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Code of Conduct, HSE and Quality Standards.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following :
1. Responsible for monitoring, and programing critical control points (CCP).
2. Responsible for monitoring and product food safety and quality throughout the manufacturing process.
3. Responsible for performing sanitation verification and allergen testing on equipment and other areas required.
4. Responsible for the correct recording and filing of all relevant record logs and Documentation.
5. Ensures the correct formulation guidelines for products are met during processing.
6. Ensures employees are following all Food Safety and worker safety practices.
7. Ensures and educates employees on food safety and other Food Safety standards.
8. Responsible to issue disciplinary action when directed.
9. Collect product samples for Product Development
10. Performing Internal audits
11. Perform inspections on Products, Equipment and Machinery.
12. Support in Research and development and other projects related to the objectives of the company.
13. The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.