ASSOCIATED BRANDS INDUSTRIES LIMITED
BHAGOWTIE TRACE, SAN JUAN, TRINIDAD
Production Supervisor (Charles Candy)
Food and Beverage
~ 3 years experience
Professional Qualifications Required
• 5 O' Levels / CXC / CSEC passes, inclusive of English and Mathematics.
• Certification in Process Technology, Supervisory Management or equivalent would be an asset.
Technical / Vocational Skills Required
• A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a Production Supervisor in a preferably in a food manufacturing environment.
• Sound time management and critical thinking skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Good communication skills.
Job Details / Responsibilities
Reports To: Plant Manager
Supervision Given To: Factory Workers
- Ensure that production requirements are met according to the schedules provided and the standard production outputs.
- Monitor hourly outputs and liaise with the Plant Manager on any issues affecting these outputs.
- Ensure the timely start-up of production lines by allocating resources in an efficient manner.
- Create rosters for the next day’s production in accordance with production requirements and the collective agreement in force.
- Ensure that the processing area is properly staffed with the correct production personnel positioned at their respective stations.
- Requisition raw materials from the Raw Materials Warehouse and return any unused materials in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all finished goods are properly packed and tagged by the End of Line personnel correctly issued to the Finished Goods Warehouse.
- Participate in stock taking exercises, ensuring that raw materials, packaging materials and WIPs are properly tagged and stored in a sanitary manner.
- Handle grievances with workers in accordance with Stage 1 in the Company’s grievance procedures.
- Coach, train and mentor workers on the Company’s standards and expectations.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of weekly paid production staff.
- Generate relevant reports in a timely manner.
- Enforce the rules and regulations of the Company at all times.
- Promote the Company’s health and safety policy
- Perform any other related functions consequential and incidental to the position.