Distribution Wholesale and Retail
Professional Qualifications Required
School leaving certificate
Technical / Vocational Skills Required
Responsible for assisting in a variety of warehouse duties, including shipping and receiving, unloading and loading trucks, fulfilling purchase orders, and keeping warehouse stocked with essential equipment.
Job Details / Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities
- Accepts deliveries of company products and stores them accordingly.
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area.
- Inspects all orders being received and shipped, checking for damage, defective parts, and missing items.
- Pack items in a methodical way.
- Verify that the goods are intact and report any defects.
- Assists Cyclical counts by ensuring goods are packed in an organized manner for counts as decided by the Inventory Manager/ Warehouse Dispatch Coordinator & Inventory Assistant.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintaining clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Assist with Offloading of Containers.
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers.
- Maintain safety while using equipment and tools
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Warehouse Environment, sometimes hot and humid. Working hours are split between the stock room, warehouse area and dispatch. May work extended hours periodically.
May be required to stand for extended periods of time.
Lifting heavy items up to 50 lbs from time to time.