• Process plant operations PPO level 1&2. • 3-5 years in manufacturing environment operating packaging machinery • Working knowledge of form fill and seal (VFFS) packaging machinery.
• Must be able to work both independently and with others • Attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality. • ability to work in a fast-paced environment • Lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds • Must be able to multi-task. • Knowledge of HSE standards and procedures. • Effective communication skills both oral and written
The machine operator is responsible for operating assigned vertical form fill and seal (VFFS) packaging machinery, sifters, or baling machine daily according to production plans ensuring targets are achieved. He/she will be responsible for startup and shutdown of assigned machine and coordinate assigned floor attendants. Continuously monitor finished good produced on assigned machine to ensure that it meets company quality standards. The machine operator will be the first line for repairs to effectively keep machinery running during shift. He/she will be responsible for Filling out relevant reports pertaining to daily production of assigned machinery. The operator will Work alongside the Maintenance Technician on all change overs ensuring machinery meets all quality and mechanical standards for operation. perform daily cleaning in and around machinery according to housekeeping procedure.
· Responsible for start up and shut down of machinery daily.
· Run machinery efficiently making necessary changes e.g., temperature, airflow, and weighs to ensure maximum production is achieved.
· Prior to start up conduct full assessment on assigned machinery according to procedure to ensure no malfunctions or defective parts to hamper efficient daily operations.
· Continuously Conduct weigh and visual test on product and packaged items ensuring quality standard is maintained.
· Continuously monitor top bottom and back seals ensuring it meets quality standards.
· Responsible for the assigned floor attendants ensuring they perform efficiently.
· Clean and maintain in and around machinery daily to meet housekeeping quality standards.
· Fill out relevant production forms with all corresponding data pertaining to daily operations e.g., machine speed, wastages, downtimes, and quantities produced summiting daily to the production supervisor for verification.
· Conduct product and size changes alongside the mechanical technician according to production plans.
· Responsible for securing and maintaining assigned tools given by the operations supervisor.
· Participate in the company’s Quality and Food safety programs.