Accounts Payable Clerk
Construction and Building Materials
~ 2 years experience
Professional Qualifications Required
• Level I ACCA/ CAT Certification or AAT qualification.
• Minimum of five (5) CXC Passes including Maths and English.
• Certificate in Microsoft Office Suite.
Technical / Vocational Skills Required
To ensure that all suppliers and sub-contractors are paid in a timely manner and they receive accurate payments. Responsible for the preparation of statutory payments when due.
Job Details / Responsibilities
- Record vendor/suppliers total invoices to the appropriate expense account and cost centres on a daily basis.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Pay vendors on a timely basis, schedule and prepare cheque and bank instruction documents; resolving PO, invoices or payment discrepancies and complete documentation insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop payments.
- Responsible for Sub-Contractor invoicing, deductions and payments to be processed on a fortnightly basis.
- Prepare all statutory payments (NIS, H/S, PAYE, GFL, BL, Corporate Tax) for submission
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing systems reports to balances.
- Verify vendor account by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Prepare reports such A/P for local and foreign, employee loan statements etc. as required.
- Liaise with and provide information/documents for outsourced professionals, firms and or entity being hired to provide audit reports and/or evaluation of accounting systems and procedures.
- Maintain an updated filing system for all financial/accounting documents pertaining to his/her duties.
Perform all other job-related duties as required.