1. A minimum of three (3) years working experience as an AV/ Sound Technician. 2. At least three (3) GCE or CXC O’ Level passes, including English Language and Mathematics. 3. Certificate in Computer studies. 4. Basic Electrical and/or Electronics. 5. The holder of a valid Trinidad and Tobago driver’s license; 6. Driver Permit/Heavy T License 7. Certificate in Defensive Driving.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: • Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing. • Innovative, flexible, results oriented and professional in conduct. • Excellent interpersonal skills. • Effective time management skills • Strong time-management, prioritizing and communicative skills; • Sound knowledge of the country’s cities, towns and streets.
The Audio/Visual Technician will be responsible for the installation and operation of Audio Visual equipment for events for which we have been contracted to provide. This individual is also responsible for transporting the technical team and the relevant equipment to assigned job sites.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
The Audio/Visual Technician will be required to:
1. Assist in the analyzing of events to determine AV requirements and layout.
2. Check working order of equipment to ensure that connections are firmly and correctly made.
3. Monitor and adjust equipment to ensure proper sound and video quality for the patrons and assist in any other area of service which we may offer.
4. Ensure proper placement of microphones to obtain optimum acoustical sound.
5. Ensure all cables are secured and protected to ensure the safety of everyone.
6. Assist in the installation of equipment to ensure proper distribution of sound levels throughout venue.
7. Position Main Control at most appropriate location to avoid distraction whilst maintaining visibility for easy communication and set up.
8. Assist Client with relevant technical advice if necessary, to ensure the smooth running of the event.
9. Dismantle and remove equipment at the end of each event and return to its location at the warehouse.
10. Ensure that all equipment are safely loaded and stacked in its upright or right side position for transporting to and from job sites.
11. Identify if there are any malfunctioning equipment to security for repairs or service.
12. Comply with the OSH act to ensure health and safety policies and procedures are maintained at all times.
13. Analyze safety risks and if necessary the use of P.P.E shall be used.
14. Ensure all warehousing documentation is completed for security.
15. Assist in any area of service for which we are to provide for the client.
16. A compliment of tools is the responsibility of the employee and must be taken on ALL jobsites.
17. Carry out all other duties as assigned by the Team Leader or AV Supervisor.
18. Transport equipment and assist with the loading and unloading of equipment for the event.
19. Transport AV Team from warehouse to the event site and pick up team to return to warehouse.
20. Secure cargo for transport, using ropes or covers.
21. Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles and equipment while transporting to the Fleet Manager.
22. Assist with the setting up and breaking down of equipment at event site.
23. Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting equipment.
24. Provide transport when required.
25. Ensure that vehicle is filled with fuel at the approved dealer: MMM…Holding Limited Morequito Avenue Valsayn.
26. Return vehicle to warehouse and ensure it is properly secured.
27. Ensure that all equipment has been off loaded upon return to the warehouse.
28. Conduct routine inspection of the vehicle prior to job to ensure oil,tyres,water etc is topped up.
29. Practice OSHA safety policies and procedures at all times to ensure the safety of yourself and the personnel and equipment you are responsible for.