Training and Experience ▪ BSc. in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent combination of qualifications experience and training. ▪ Knowledge of statistical tools and techniques, inclusive of technical report writing ▪ Supervisory training. Computer literate in Microsoft Office and other standard Engineering software, MS Project, AutoCAD, MATLAB, Maximo etc. ▪ Related industry training will be an asset. ▪ Three (3) years’ relevant experience in manufacturing.
Position Summary This is a Shift position which requires the engineer to Setup, Monitor, Troubleshoot & Resolve all mechanical issues with assigned Plant Equipment such as Inspection Machines & Packaging Equipment etc. Ensure all safety protocols are adhered to while performing duty. Provide technical support to the Production team. Provide Technical Shift Reports of all downtime occurred during shift, indicating the corrective action and root cause. Empirical Analysis of data to identify statistical trends and creating appropriate action plans to ensure plant equipment availability is optimized. Provide mentoring and coaching to team. Shift layout: 2 days daylight (6am-6pm) followed by 2 days night (6pm-6am) followed by 4 days off
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Perform full Setup of Smartline inspection machines as necessary, ensuring all reject samples provided by Quality Department are rejected by these machines with a rejection rate of 100%
2. Troubleshoot and rectify all mechanical faults/errors with plant equipment, primarily with Smartline and Packaging Equipment (Palletizer, Shuttle Car & Towertech) and provide engineering solutions to ensure that equipment performs as per OEM rated specification and performance
3. Audit product/pallets leaving the production lines to ensure that any non-conformance to customer specification due to equipment faults is rectified immediately
4. Complete PM inspection checklist on EVERY shift ensuring 100% compliance and that all fields are completed
5. Complete daily routine inspections on utilities’ equipment (compressors, pumps, CTs etc.), perform star-ups or shutdowns of equipment as necessary. Assist Shift E&I Engineers in the start-up of Emergency Power equipment.
6. Inform Mechanical Engineer Lead of all spare parts required for the equipment, indicating minimum and maximum stock levels.
7. Hold all team members accountable to expected standards of work and quality of work.
8. Ensure that activities are executed within accepted deadlines and schedules and cost effectively.
9. Ensure that spare part usage is optimized such that inventory is not unduly increased nor job cost is excessive.
10. Collaborate with other engineers in research and development into opportunities for continuous improvement strategies, including short-term operational strategies and project proposals
11. Complete shift reports on major downtime occurred during shift, corrective action, root cause and inventory used inclusive of expense.
12. Collaborate with Electrical Engineer in executing RCAs, offering practical solutions to problems concerning to analyse, diagnose and resolve any concerns affecting Production, Quality and Safety with Operations & Quality. Provide feedback on process improvements and changes made to prevent reoccurrence.
13. Participate in the development, review and analysis of SOPs for respective areas
14. Participate in the development and implementation of and perform all duties in accordance with the procedures as per ISO 9001 standards and CGL Quality Manual.