Label House Group Limited
24-24 Frederick Settlement Industrial Estate, Caroni
ABG/ Rewinder Operator
Printing and Packaging
~ 2 years experience
Professional Qualifications Required
• Three (3) CXC or GCE O’ Level passes, inclusive of Mathematics and or English.
Technical / Vocational Skills Required
• Computer Literacy
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good mechanical aptitude
• Analytical approach to problem solving
• Knowledge of equipment calibration
• Knowledge of the electrical/electronic field.
• Good physical strength
• Must be customer focused
• Must be a team player
• Must possess good judgment of colour, design print and finishing quality.
• Must be willing to work within strict deadlines, on a shift basis and overtime
Responsible for operating the Rewinder and ABG Finishing Presses to produce printed and finishing work according to job specifications and requirements and perform maintenance of these Presses as required to ensure that the equipment is operating efficiently in accordance with established manufacturers recommendations and guidelines along with set Company procedures and policies
Job Details / Responsibilities
- Ensure that the Work Order/Job Ticket received is accurately completed and approved before starting work on the job.
- Obtain the required material for production from the stock room or work-in-progress, ensuring that the Warehouse Requisition Form (DR7/19C) is completed and approved.
- Set up all the necessary equipment according to the job requirements, as well as established Company guidelines and safety procedures.
- Print and finish jobs and also test prints according to customer specifications, as detailed in the Work Order/Job Ticket and ensure where applicable that samples are tested and approved by the Lab before production begins.
- Ensure that all production information, including but exclusive to production times, material used, associated problems and solutions, are documented in an accurate and timely manner in the Production Report and/or other forms.
- Ensure that all equipment is calibrated and maintained in accordance with set guidelines before production each day.
- Assist as necessary in end of month Work In Progress and stock taking exercise.
- Review and recommend methods for improving the procedural and cost effectiveness of the finishing process.
- Perform preventative maintenance on the Rewinder 2 and Digi Con production equipment.
- Work closely with technical support to repair both presses in the event of breakdowns and keep proper records of all issues and corrective actions.
- Assist or conduct Training according to set timelines and agenda as outlined by management for persons selected to be trained in the department and provide feedback on the performance of these individuals.
- Assist in all other Areas of Operations in the Label Manufacturing Division as required.
- Review and recommend methods for improving the procedural and cost-effectiveness of the printing and Finishing process.
- Perform duties with adherence to the Company’s Safety and Quality procedures and practices.
- Ensure that good housekeeping practices are maintained at all times.
- Any other related duties as assigned by management.