Label House Group Limited
24-24 Frederick Settlement Industrial Estate, Caroni
Inventory/ Warehouse Assistant
Printing and Packaging
~ 3 years experience
Professional Qualifications Required
• Five (5) CXC or GCE O’ levels including Mathematics and English.
• Certified Forklift Driver.
• Computer Literate
• Experience in inventory and warehousing practices including packaging, receiving, shipping, stock-counts, etc.
• Experience using inventory management software.
• Experience in Forklift operations and maintenance.
Technical / Vocational Skills Required
• Knowledge of Loading and Off-loading of containers.
• Knowledge in material handling.
• Knowledge of machine operations.
• Knowledge of Stock rotation.
• Knowledge of Radius Software
• Understanding of shipping documentation.
Responsible for ensuring that the Production Department is supplied with the correct and accurate materials and that all departments within the Company are supplied with their general items on a timely basis. Work with Shipping Coordinator to ensure the accuracy of all receipts coming into the company. Use Radius software to update stock information and to ensure current and accurate information at all times.
Job Details / Responsibilities
Receiving of all Inventory and non Inventory Items in the warehouse
- Verification of items received on invoice or delivery based on, quantity etc.
- Ensure proper documentation at all times– Invoices, PO’s etc.
- Ensure proper filing of warehouse/Inventory documents.
- Forward copies of documentation to the relevant departments.
Issuing / Relieving of Inventory or non-inventory items
- Issue of Materials to Production in a timely and efficient manner.
- Distribute all items received in the warehouse.
- Ensure that proper documentation – requisitions are received at all times.
- Assist in relieving stock items for production.
- Maintain proper filing for requisitions etc.
- Responsible for proper material handling and ensure no damage to material in transit to the relevant production areas
- Assist with the proper stock rotation of all inventoried items
- Assist with the planning and utilization of space for the storage of all inventoried items
- Plan daily work schedule for Inventory issued to Production.
- Plan job requirements for material slitting, etc.
- Use of Radius to manage and confirm completed jobs and material usage on a daily basis
- Check the Production Machines to ensure that there are sufficient materials to meet their needs on a daily basis.
- Check production schedule, print job tickets from Radius and prepare materials for these jobs on a daily basis.
- Liaise with production to understand their needs and to meet these requirements for change in jobs etc.
- Print roll tags from Radius and ensure that all roll materials issued from the warehouse have roll track numbers.
- Loading and Offloading of trucks, containers.
- Drive the forklift as required.
- Physically moving materials to the production floor, as required.
- Assist in conducting Stock Counts on a monthly basis or as required. Work with management to ensure that all roll stock are properly checked and accounted for.
- Ensure appropriate space utilization in warehouse areas.
- Report on significantly low stock levels for re-order.
- Maintain Quality Awareness and Quality/ ISO procedures within the warehouse functions.
- Report on Maintenance requirements of all warehouse equipment including forklifts.
- Ensure proper documentation and filing for all warehouse activities.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports as required by management.
- Assist in Cross training other employees as required.
- Perform duties with adherence to the Company’s Safety and Quality procedures and practices.
- Perform duties with adherence to the Company’s Food Safety System.
- Ensure that good housekeeping practices are maintained at all times.
- Any other related duties as assigned by management.