Food Safety Officer
Food and Beverage
~ 2 years experience
Professional Qualifications Required
First Degree in Food Science and Technology, Natural Sciences or other related area
A minimum of two years' experience within a food manufaturing environment
Masters’ degree in a related area would be asset
Certificate and / or training in Food Safety/ ISO would be an asset.
Any other suitable combination of qualifications and experience
Knowledge of FSMS policies and procedures relevant to the position
Methodical and thorough approach to work
Operational understanding on Food Safety/ ISO standards, and competence in applying these guidelines
Technical / Vocational Skills Required
The incumbent performs duties that are critical in the development, implementation, co-ordination, and maintenance of the Company’s Food Safety Management System (FSMS). S/he plays an active role in monitoring the FSMS, to ensure system compliance with best practice/ regulations.
Job Details / Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinating activities to ensure the effective implementation of the Food Safety Management System (FSMS).
- Performing scheduled audits of the Company’s Food Safety Management System.
- Executing scheduled Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and housekeeping audits throughout the company.
- Developing, updating and maintaining all required FSMS and GMP documentation.
- Conducting specified FSMS training for company personnel as well as major customers.
- Leading Hygiene and GMP training on new and existing employees as required.
- Liaising with any external parties or stakeholders to facilitate external audits and provide recommendations to achieve compliance with regulations
- Ensuring all relevant systems & programs are in compliance with Food Safety requirements
- Assisting in the preparation and distribution of Audit Plans, Schedules and Reports as required
- Perfoming other duties as required