• Undergraduate Degree: Marketing, Sales or Business Administration • A Postgraduate Degree will be considered an asset • 3 - 5 years’ Experience in a related field
Behavioural Competencies • Well organized and alert • Ability to communicate effectively • Reliable and disciplined • Ability to lead a team • Team player
OBJECTIVES AND GENERAL OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION: As a key member of the Marketing Team, the Export Manager will be tasked with improving the organization’s market position and achieving financial growth. The incumbent will assist in defining long-term organizational strategic goals, building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, negotiating and closing business deals whilst maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
· Work as a part of the Senior Management team to develop and refine a long/medium-term plan for the Company.
· Develop and execute the Sales and Marketing Plans to drive profitability for all export current customers and their associated markets.
· Develop new customers and markets in accordance with the Company’s Business plan to achieve AP’s vision of being the preferred supplier of packaging solutions.
· Conduct and provide monthly fact-based analytical information on each market that captures product and competitor issues.
· Conduct visits to each market in order to review operations and provide assistance.
· Produce trip reports within three days of returning from any visit to an export market and submit to Managing Director
· Contribute to the Business Planning Process with analytical and qualitative information such as Customer Insights, Business Reviews, Marketing Plan, and Operation Plan etc.
· Facilitate open communications and provide timely responses to issues such as pricing and product needs as part of the process to deliver high quality customer service.
· Conduct pricing reviews at least on a half yearly basis for each market.
· Continually assess export partners and prospect new ones as the need arises.