Process Technician 2
Construction and Building Materials
~ 3 years experience
Professional Qualifications Required
5 o'level passes including Math and English
Technical / Vocational Skills Required
• 2 or more Technician’s diploma
• Must be computer literate
The Process Technician 2 provides technical support to the operations of the Plastics Division Manufacturing Plant and is responsible for applying fundamental engineering knowledge and technologies to increase productivity and achieve maximum efficiency and safety.
Job Details / Responsibilities
- Monitor process conditions and quality of output and takes appropriate action including shut-down of process, to prevent or limit production of off-grade material and scrap.
- Determine the assigned production goals at the beginning of shift including machinery, manpower, raw materials and supplies optimization, making adjustments when necessary.
- Prepare and submit shift logs, production and inventory reports, time records and such reports on shift activities as management requests. Prepare work orders for all engineering requests.
- Continuous process optimization on all machines followed by process monitoring to ensure process consistency and machine repeatability.
- In collaboration with the Supervisor, plan and facilitate training and re-training of subordinates.
- Prepare equipment for safe operational activity by others and sign safety work permits. In emergencies, direct control efforts of subordinates.
- Monitor and measure plant KPIs: Overall Plant Efficiency (OPE), Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), Plant downtime due to absenteeism, Manpower Scheduling Compliance, Operations Call-in’s per month, Operations Overtime, Training Days per employee per year, Budget Compliance, Overtime/Straight time, absenteeism, Work-in-Progress, Scrap rates, On-time-delivery, Environmental Discharges, HSE Incidents, among others, providing regular reporting on performance against KPIs and associated benchmarks.
- Conduct frequent site “walk through” proactively identifying any site issues recommending actioning and following through to address.
- Keep abreast of relevant technology to apply up-to-date techniques to improve operations.
- Assists in plant design and provide analysis, guidance and direction on costs/benefits.
- Monitor and supervise KRONOS, liaising with supervisors and HR as necessary.
- Foster and operate in a continuous improvement environment and in particular, implement and maintain lean 6 Sigma or equivalent method and approaches to reduce waste.
- Implement operational and production best practices through the certified ISO 9001-2008 quality program
- Assist in monthly/annual stock taking as required, ensuring corrective actions are implemented following these exercises where necessary.
- Promote safety awareness and the development of a Safety Culture within the company, including attending and leading Plant Safety Committee Meetings, and timely resolution of HSE findings and actions.
- Other Related duties as assigned.