• Degree or 4 year college, preferably in computers / engineering, business and certifications. • A minimum of five years’ experience working for a major corporation, consulting or communications firm • Broad understanding of the techniques of an IT services/consultancy firm/ISP • Broad understanding Pugmarks or specialized practice area (Hosting, server management, security and networking) • Windows Server • Vmware • Virtualization (VMware ESX, Microsoft's Hyper-V, VMM, & Virtual Server, Xen)
These qualifications will be considered an asset:- •CCNA, CCNP •MCITP, MCSE (for Windows) •VTP/VCP certification (Vmware)
JOB SUMMARY Dynamic individual required to work in a well-established Network and Server environment; taking care of day-to-day management tasks and troubleshooting of Network, as well as software installations and server monitoring. The incumbent must be comfortable working both alone on solo projects and within a closely knit team. Should ideally possess strong knowledge of Cisco, Checkpoint, Fortinet and Windows-based operating systems; Red Hat Enterprise, etc. and their Integration with control panels. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS This position reports to the Group ICT Manager directly. DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS Primary Responsibilities: • Evaluation of current support processes. Suggest and implement improvements in support procedures. • Oversee day-to-day activities and/or events to insure the quality of work meets business objective and provides value. OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties as assigned by the Group ICT Manager
· +5 years of experience of Firewalls on Checkpoint VSX, Fortinet and *nix IPtables
· +5 years of experience of Cisco infrastructure and configuration IOS & NX-OS
· +5 years of experience of authentication systems (LDAP, Radius, Tacacs ect.)
· +5 years of experience of Network infrastructure, voice and Security
· Develop and cultivate relationships with the business team and ICT team.
· Experience and overall knowledge of Network, Firewall, Security, Windows and/or Linux (preferably proficiency in both).
· Strong communication (oral, editing and written) skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to lead, manage, supervise and motivate the tech team.
· Ability to handle and manage stressful situations.
· Business presentation skills including their development, both for clients and prospective clients.
· Ability to prioritize and juggle numerous projects simultaneously.
· Ability to think creatively.
· Ability to plan strategically and globally.
· Experience in DC setup, hardware sizing, and infrastructure design
· Should have strong knowledge in Windows & Linux
· Having knowledge in Oracle is added advantage
· Ability to write architectural design documents or review design documents provided by others.
· Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to architectural needs.
· Must have a thorough knowledge of the Windows concepts, Domains, Active Directory and its concepts, and the interaction between hardware, operating systems, network, data center, and application software, Linux and Unix is a plus.
· Strong working knowledge of VMware or other virtual software.
· Deep understanding of TCP, IP and other network protocols.
· Familiarity with DNS, DHCP and other network services. Knowledge of disc storage Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) certifications in Windows 2008 or Windows2012 and above.
· Knowledge of managing a data center in terms of systems monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning.
· Ability to operate in a fast-paced, evolving environment and appropriately prioritize tasks, and keep abreast of the latest technology.