Qualifications: • Five (5) CXC or GCE O’ Levels passes, including Mathematics and English • Must be Computer Literate and familiar with Computer Graphics
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: • Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance • Mathematics skills (subtract, add, multiply and divide). • Ability to work all shifts and overtime • Ability to lift 50lbs. Bending, squatting, walking and standing for the duration of assigned shift. • Ability to wear Personal Protection Equipment in a noisy and fast pace environment. • Ability to work under pressure and meet close deadlines • Ability to communicate and interact effectively with members of the team • Ability to work successfully as a member of a team and independently with moderate supervision
Job Summary: Responsible for co-ordinating and performing all activities associated with the making and mounting of plates, in accordance with the Company’s guidelines.
· Liaise with the Production Planner to obtain the production schedule and confirm any changes which may become necessary.
· Co-ordinate with the Production Planner receipt of “new job” inputs from the Pre-Press Department.
· Make plates according to negatives received from Pre-Press Department and check quality standards according to internal guidelines.
· Mount plates on the cylinders according to the Production schedule.
· Ensure that all operating procedures within the department are adhered to and the relevant documentation is completed accurately and signed accordingly.